Mission Statement: To create connections and empower the Romanian-Canadian student community.
Gain experience and have fun by volunteering for a position at the Montreal Romanian Student Union.
If you are interested in any of the following, please contact the MRSU at email@example.com with the following:
- a one-page resumé outlining your most relevant experiences.
- a cover letter that answers the questions
- “Why do you want to commit to the MRSU?”
- “Why do you think you would be a good candidate for the position?”
- any supplemental materials you would like to be considered when reviewing your application.
Check out the following departmental positions to find out which is a right fit for you :
External Affairs Department
Sponsorship and Public Relations Manager
- Responsible for building strong working relationships with
- potential sponsors of the Union,
- potential collaboration partners for hosting educational or cultural events,
- business contacts for business networking events,
- members of the press and digital media,
- any other party of interest to the Union.
- Liaise with the press to communicate messages from the organization.
- Proof read and where necessary rewrite statements from the executive committee to press and the media.
- Ensure the integration of digital and social media alongside any press and media campaigns.
- Work on ensuring the message and tone of written communications is consistent throughout the organization and fits with the overall brand.
- Liaise with the press during times of crisis management or unexpected negative public relations incidents.
- Develop the marketing strategy for the Union in line with Union objectives.
- Plan and implement promotional campaigns.
- Create and publish all marketing material in line with marketing plans.
- Prepare online and print marketing campaigns.
- Monitor and report on effectiveness of marketing communications.
- Create a wide range of different marketing materials.
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant functions are kept informed of marketing objectives.
Student Affairs Department
- Coordinate a small number of events per year such as 5a7, parties, business networking events, cultural events, educational events, orientation activities for new students.
- Keep a database of venues, caterers, DJ’s, fees, as well as liaise with venue mangers.
- Give final approval for venues, music, caterers, menus, schedules of activities.
- Calculate budgets and adjust when necessary.
- Define company brand through events.
- Drive attendance to events.
- Ensure day of event goes smoothly.